Are you a pug lover, owner or a fanatic, we have compiled some of the top interesting pug facts you need to know. Before you go ahead purchasing any pug gift or any other pug merchandise, it is important you read these facts.
- Pugs are known to be toy breeds.-The fact that these animals are small compared with other dog breeds they are considered toy breeds just like French bulldogs and other small breed dogs.
- Pugs came from China-If you did not know the pug’s birthplace was in China. They traveled to England in 16ththereafter; they traveled across the world after capturing people’s hearts.
- House of Orange have pug as the official dog-After a pug named Pompey saved the life of Prince who was about to be assassinated, the pug became the dog of choice by House of Orange.
- Average pug running speed is 3-5mph-Pugs are not very quick dogs. They get tired easily so they are not the best for taking you for morning jogs or long walks around the park.
- They brachycephalic-This means pugs have a short but broad head, which makes them, have a smushed face appearance.
- Pugs have featured in many movies and this makes them celebrities. Some of the movies that pugs have starred are “Men in Black”, “Hotel for dogs” etc.
- Once a time pugs used to be military dogs-During 17th century, pugs were used to tracking and finding people and other animals.
- Celebrities love pugs-There are many celebrities who love pugs and own them. For example, Jessica Alba, Gerard Butler, etc.
- America Kennel Club (AKC) recognized pugs in 1895 even though they have been popular for several centuries. However, we can know the reason why ACK recognized pugs in 1895 because the club came to existence in 1894.
- On their face, Pugs have wrinkles that need to be wiped on a regular basis. If you fail to clean the wrinkles, a pug will have an infection and bacterial growth.
- Several pugs together they are called grumble. You should never stand on the way when you see a group of pugs running because no one stands against them when in-group.
- Pugs in Chinese are known as Lo-sze –You can try pronouncing that because I myself I cannot. All the best.
- Pugs in Germany they are known as Mops-All the best also trying to pronounce that. I guess is a bit simple to pronounce.
How many of these facts did you know before? It is my hope I did not miss the important one and if I did, kindly do not forget to leave a comment with the fact.